[SunHELP] more info on the first question

tim miller timjmill at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 16:04:51 CDT 2002

I did a "reset-all" from the ok prompt followed by
"probe-ide" and now the cdrom does show up and can be
used to boot. however the hard drive is still "not
present" and the cd will be loaded, then a reboot is
done automatically (w/o intervention) and the blade is
trying to boot off the network again (which has never
been set by any of our admins).

How can I make it find the disk, or figure out why the
disk isn't being found?

This Sun Blade is approx 6 months old, so I wouldnt
expect a hardware failure so soon.

Tim