[SunHELP] 2 questions

tim miller timjmill at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 15:43:35 CDT 2002

1. I have a Sun Blade 100 which went down for some
reason last week. Got to looking at it today to
reinstall Solaris and it won't boot from the cdrom. I
did an "probe-ide" from the ok prompt and discovered
that devices 0-3 are "Not Present." I checked the ide
and power cables inside and none are loose. Any ideas
on how I can get this fixed? We have a tour coming up
on friday and dont want any machines to be down.

2. On another Sun blade 100, running Solaris 8, net
access is really slow. This isn't so much the problem
as, while netscape or mozilla loads a page, the system
freezes. I have never noticed this behavior before.
The system has plenty of ram and no extraneous
processes seem to be running. Any ideas?

I'd appreciate any help I can get regarding these
issues, but question 1 is more important.
Thanks.
Tim Miller
VRAC - Iowa State University