[SunHELP] Solaris Installation without Xwindows Support..

Thu Oct 10 02:59:01 CDT 2002

>    Actually, you should be able to tunnel an X session through an SSH
> connection (which is much better than telnet, thanks to encryption and
> compression).
> -wde
> --
> Will Enestvedt
> UNIX System Administrator
> Johnson & Wales University -- Providence, RI

This would be a very good solution. What4s the procedure to allow this X
session tunneling through ssh witout necesity of opening more ports in the
firewalls?
Should I only open the ports used by the X session in the firewalls?
I guess it will not be so easy to convice the firewalls adminstrators...

regards,