[SunHELP] CD ROM woes

Mac User user_mac at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 5 12:12:27 CDT 2002

I just caught hold of a DVD_ROM Installation and users
guide ..
There the LED flashes are given ..
When the CD is put into the caddy it starts running
and the LED starts flashing but foe some time . THen
it just stops blinking and there is no light ..
Corresponds to either its in read /standby mode or no
disc is mounted (thats certain because there are no
drivers).
Its says if there is a media problem the LED shld stay
lit .
probe-scsi-all shows nothing on 5 and 6.
Shld i try using mknod . A little help using that
would be welcome ..

--- "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson at experianems.com>