[SunHELP] L280

Les Brigance brigance at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 27 12:16:30 CST 2002

Peter,

When I was using L280s and hit a couple of performance issues
we did a bit of research on the drives/components.
We used them with Sun's version of Legato & I am almost positive
that Legato has a Windows product.
The drives within the L280 were just Quantum DLT s  - nothing special
about them.
Seems like the enclosure was relabeled version of something from HP
so I would think your software would work.
IIRC  the L280s require HVD controllers ?
( Feeble mind, if it's more than a year ago, my brain dumps it)

Good Luck
Les