[SunHELP] NIS+ problem

Wally A. Alubankudi walubank at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 08:21:41 CST 2002

Hi All,         I have a NIS+ Problem .  There are two sysadmin with same
identical accounts. If one run the following command,  # niscat
passwd.org_dir  The command will show passwd account which is normal, on
the other hand, if the second sysadmin run the same command, the reply
will look like thisjdoe:*NP*:123:14:John Doe
X5555:/users/jdoe:/bin/csh:*NP*      sometime you can just seesomething
like this,  " :*NP*:
 Can someone tell me what is causing this problem .

Wally A. Alubankudi Senior Software Engineer Raytheon Corporation Of
America Mt. Laurel, New Jersey 08054