[SunHELP] E4500 disk problems

Sat Nov 16 09:16:50 CST 2002

you do know the disk board on an E4500 needs an external cable, right?

You have to loop a short cable from the fast-wide port on an i/o board to
the disk board.  I frankly forget if you need a terminator.  The 4500 disk
board just supplies power. Personally, I think it would've have been very
easy to include a controller - preferably with HW mirroring.

if you have that, be sure you're probing the scsi correctly

setenv auto-boot? false
reset-all
probe-scsi-all

If it doesn't show up there, you may have a power problem - check for error
lights, try the disk board in another 4500 slot.

Sorry - not much here but it's all I got.

-M

-----Original Message-----
From: stephen price [mailto:sd_price at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 1:11 PM
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: [SunHELP] E4500 disk problems

I'm at a remote site with an E4500.  It won't see any
internal disk whatsoever.  Swapped disk trays, slots,
cables, terminators etc.

Is there a disk tray config that I'm missing - all
trays are default with no jumpers.

At ok prompt all I can find is the internal cdrom.
both fcal are disconnected while new cable is run to a
emc.

Just need to get to the local disk for a new o/s
install.

Any suggestions?
http://webhosting.yahoo.com
SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org