[SunHELP] Forte for Java 3.0

Nejhdeh Ghevondian nejhdeh at aimedics.com
Fri Nov 15 11:21:24 CST 2002

Hi all,
I got Forte 3.0 CD to be installed on my solaris 9 box.

I think I have java SDK 1.4.0 on it already (which is obviously a
requirement for Forte setup).

The default installation directory for Forte is /forte4j. When I use
want to install the Forte 3.0 in a meaningful directory such as
/opt/sfw/
A window comes up saying the set up program cant recognize the version
of system files or its not an upgradable version.

Is there a clash of binaries in /opt directory?
Or

Is this a problem of java 1.4.0 binary problem. Should I use java
1.3.1??