[SunHELP] RE: Running Sun servers headless with a terminal

Dave Gargan dave at spottedpaw.com
Wed Nov 6 14:40:56 CST 2002

I have found that terminal servers are a great solution for managing
servers, headless or not.  You can get to the console of any connected
machine using telnet (or maybe ssh depending on the capabilities of the
unit).

Another good idea if you have more than one terminal server, is to connect
them together.  Connect one serial port from annexA to the console of
annexB, and visa-versa.  That way if you have trouble with annexA, you can
log into annexB, then connect to the console of the annexA to troubleshoot
or reboot it.

Dave