[SunHELP] (no subject)

Tue Nov 5 09:38:06 CST 2002

It's supposed to be the same, you can look in /etc/rcS.d to see.  However,
my experiences with my three E4500s says that sometimes the
drvconfig/devlinks/disks triplet will hang on high-lun-count systems while a
"boot -r" will always work.

You're right in that the sd module has to reload to pick up changes in
sd.conf, this triplet commands will not pick up changes here.

-M

-----Original Message-----
From: DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
) [mailto:SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 2:55 AM
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: RE: [SunHELP] (no subject)

Afak, the only difference between drvconfig/devlinks/disks and a
reconfiguration reboot is disks/controlers modules reload, so that config
files could be re-read.
If you don't update config files like sd.conf, I think a reconfiguration
reboot is similar to drvconfig/devlinks/disks because you don't have to
reload modules.

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sdaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com