[SunHELP] getting to the internet

Rob Bains rbains at purusha.ca
Fri May 24 14:12:11 CDT 2002

You'll need to edit /etc/resolve.con where you add your domain and
nameservers.

I assume you already have a /etc/defaultrouter file containing the IP of
your gateway.

You may also want to edit your /etc/nsswitch.conf to setup the lookup
order of your resolver.

It's best to reboot your machine after making these changes so that the
changes can take affect. There are other ways by restarting the
appropriate scripts, but this will be the cleanest.  Then you can test
it by doing nslookups on something like www.yahoo.com, etc. or you can
try pinging by site name. If you are able to resolve these sites, you
should be able to get out using your browser.

Hope this helps.

==== > Rob