[SunHELP] etc/defaultrouter

Joe Pampel joe at ardsley.com
Wed May 22 08:40:00 CDT 2002

It's not there by default AFAIK. If you add routes
in the startup scripts (I do that in rc2.d/S99static_routes) and they
include a default route then you don't need it.  But if you like to seperate
the functionality you would make this file and stick in the IP of your
default gateway. I don't think one is better than the other..
As long as your host has a default route then you're fine.
Just different ways of doing it.

>>> victor kiyan <vkiyan at yahoo.com> 05/22/02 09:14AM >>>
Hello people,

>From time to time I see comments like:

edit etc/defaultrouter and so on...I have Sol 8
installed on my system, where is etc/defaultrouter
located? I can't find it on /etc. Is there another
file equivalent? appreciate your comments
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com
SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org

the system manager.