[SunHELP] netstat -I hme0 5, how to interpret ???

duke.glover at verizon.com duke.glover at verizon.com
Wed May 22 06:42:24 CDT 2002

Hello sun wizards,

I am examining the output of the command "netstat -I hme0 5"

I see input errors (about 5 every 100 packets), but I see no output errors.
How would I read this ?  Does this mean that the errors are being sent to
my hme0 interface from the directly connected router/switch ?  Or does it
mean that my hme0 is having problems accepting the incoming packets ?
Also, I see 0 collisions.  Obviously this is a good thing.   :)

Thank you for any insight.

Duke Glover