[SunHELP] E3500 - D1000 connection problems

Fernando Cardenas fer_12 at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 11:35:52 CDT 2002

Try with switch in these positions: (factory default)

Box ID 0
Up: 1 and 4
Down: 2,3,5

Regards

Fernando Cardenas
fer_12 at yahoo.com

From: "Howard Hurst"
<howard.hurst at UnitedAdvertising.co.uk>
To: <sunhelp at sunhelp.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:02:02 +0100
Subject: [SunHELP] E3500 - D1000 connection problems

I'm having problems trying to connect a D1000 to an
E3500.

I've only got one Wide SCSI Differential card in the
E3500 and want to
see
all 12 X 32Gb disks in the D1000, ie the D1000 is only
connected to
this one
particular host..

(The SCSI card was attached to a StorEdge L280 tape
drive so it is
working.)

I have tried to connect the two together exactly as
described in the
PDF
manual available on the SunSolve website. The E3500 is
connected to the
left
hand side SCSI port of the D1000, then the next two
ports on the D1000
are
connected together via a small SCSI cable. Finally a
terminator is
placed in
the remaining port on the right hand side. However,
this gives me
numerous
errors like this:

May 15 14:34:00 remus unix: Parity Error
May 15 14:34:00 remus unix: WARNING:
/sbus at 13,0/QLGC,isp at 0,10000
(isp0):^M^M
May 15 14:34:00 remus unix: Target 0 disabled wide
SCSI mode

Now, on the back of the D1000 there is a switch to set
the SCSI id and
Configuration Options (1-5). I've no idea what I
should set the
Configuration Option to and suspect this may be the
problem. When I
took
delivery of the box, switch 4 was up. (We've got a
D1000 on an E4500
and
switches 4 and 1 are up, but this box has two SCSI
cards and so the
D1000 is
effectively split in two.)

Any ideas for me to try? Any kind of help appreciated!

Cheers,

Howard.
howard.hurst at unitedadvertising.co.uk
United Advertising Publications Plc. Poole BH15 1LL,
UK
http://www.unitedadvertising.co.uk