[SunHELP] Keyboard settings in OpenBoot

Jeremy RJ Towers jeremy.towers at btopenworld.com
Mon May 13 17:22:17 CDT 2002

the following are performed whilst powering on your machine with your
third hand until a display is seen......

Power On Commands

STOP bypasses POST.
STOP-A aborts POST.
STOP-D forces a diagnostic power on. The NVRAM Parameter diag-switch? is
set to true.
STOP-F forces input and output to ttya. Input from the Keyboard is
disabled except for L1-A.
STOP-N forces a set-defaults of the NVRAM.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/General/OBP.html

Jeremy