[SunHELP] CDE strangeness

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Mon May 6 15:52:24 CDT 2002

I have two Ultra 10s, running 2.7.  And a strange problem.

Users who access the boxes via a pc-based Xserver, have no trouble logging
into either - when they are using OpenWindows.  If the user is set to use
CDE, then they have various and sundry problems; slow to bring up the login
screen, then slow to login  (up to 10 minutes per session).  Machine1 seems
to be fine, Machine2 is having problems.

I inherited these machines, and I'm beginning to suspect something is wacked
with the CDE setup on Machine2.  Is there a  quick 'n dirty "this is how CDE
has to be arranged" guide I can stare at to see what the missing piece is?

Thx in Advance

Brian Dunbar