[SunHELP] wat is this error/warning ?

Jeremy RJ Towers jeremy.towers at btopenworld.com
Sun May 5 00:40:37 CDT 2002

Hi Faisal,

was this a clean install of Solaris 8 or an upgrade?

man mlx will show that this is a mylex driver, which is not supported
under Solaris 8. The man page entry has lingered on. Patch 108809-23
simply removes the man pages for this driver.

Have you removed any packages on this system , specifically
SUNWmlx for /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/mlx  ?

If you have there may be some leftover entries.

Clean out leftover mlx entries in /kernel/drv/cmdk.conf and
/platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/mscsi.conf.

 There may also be  an entry for it in the path_to_inst file.

As always, be careful with these files, know what hardware is in the
box and have a backup BEFORE you make any changes.

HTH

Jeremy

mlx(72) documents unsupported driver

The Mylex DAC960E was last supported in Solaris 7. The device is for
the EISA bus. Support for the EISA bus has been removed since
Solaris 7 11/99.