[SunHELP] disabling serial console

Wed May 1 13:44:23 CDT 2002

Hi all,
 I have a sparc station 10 running solaris8 that as only 1 physical
serial port ( theres a/b written above the physical db25 port ).
I would like to use this port for outgoing serial terminal
connections to a bridge.
I set up the eeprom variables so that the output device is the screen
and the input device is the keyboard.
The machine as no keyboard pluggued into it, so I guess that when it
boots up, it detects the absence of keyboard and overides the eeprom
setting.
It opens the serial port as the input-output device /dev/console.

Is there a way to force it not opening this device so I can use it ?

Also, am I correct using #tip /dev/cua/a for an outgoing terminal
connection,
or should I use /dev/term/a ?

thanks in advance

Yannick Mercier
Conseiller, Service des Risques d'Entreprises
 .
1 Place Ville-Marie
Suite 3000
Montreal, PQ, H3B 4T9