[SunHELP] Creating user

Sun Jul 28 22:21:31 CDT 2002

Check this, at lease give you some concept.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=LDAP+and+SMTP+AUTH+solution&hl=en&selm=394
16282.C1A976B3%40theocc.com&rnum=1

I've try to use LDAP to authen. SMTP user,
by sendmail on Solaris 2.6 against Netscape LDAP 4.11.
without luck I can't find SDK for that version.
So, my solaris 2.6 can't talk with NDS 4.11

Hope this help
Pat.

-----Original Message-----
From: ellipse [mailto:ellipse at cipherpunks.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 17:41
To: Zakaria Mattar
Cc: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Creating user

> I have so many sparc machines running Sun OS 5.6 and they are connected
with
> each other through a WAN. In case if I need to create a user I have to
> create it on each machine. Is there anyway to do it once only on a machine
> and to be done on the other machines automatically.

NIS/NIS+, or LDAP are your best bets.

I personally haven't tinkered alot with LDAP, but it appears as though
it's becoming the defacto centralized user management system.

I'm fond of NIS+, though it has the tendency to be a bloody pain to get up
and running.

NIS/NIS+ is built into 5.6.  LDAP you'd need to do some additional work to
get up and running, IIRC.

Cheers,
ellipse
SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org