[SunHELP] swap in solaris 8

JANAKIRAMAN KRISHNAMOORTHY kjanakir at in.ibm.com
Mon Jul 8 04:51:49 CDT 2002

Hi All,

           I have  SUN E3500 server with 2 GB ram. I attached a new A5200
arrays with 7 nos of 36.4 GB hard disks
and tried to install solrais 8.

          I had the following porblem. The installation did not allow me to
configure the swap space.It automatically
took around 36 GB as swap space and allocated one disk to it and I had to
create the root,usr,var,opt in the
second disk.

What could be the problem...Can anybody help me???

even though the memory is only 2GB why did it take such a big swap space.

also for the entire distribution + OEM edition it is asking for minimum 2
GB of disk space for root.. Is this much required

 Thanks and Regards
  K.JANAKIRAMAN