[SunHELP] Help - brain dead lost /var - need networking in boot -s mode

Leslie V Brigance brigance at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 4 12:07:01 CDT 2002

TIA for the help.
I have this documented somewhere, but can't find it quickly it seems.

Have an E10K which blew a board and wiped the /var filesystem.

I can boot the box into single user but can't restore /var without the
network
running. No local tape drive, etc and certainly don't want to try to put
anything
on the machine by booting from CD.

Can someone give me the pieces I need to start (inetd, etc) in the order I
need
to start them, from single user mode, so I can see the box from the
network backup server to put back /var ?
We use Veritas Netbackup which
I can mount /usr without problem.

Real tired and not thinking so good right now.
Has to be a holiday weekend too !
Figures,  right?

Les