[SunHELP] Re: Sun ethernet lad balancing

Doug Hughes doug at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Feb 28 09:23:08 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Suchitra N Chilmakuru wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>      I am looking out for load balancing how do i use two
> ethernet interfaces to do load balancing on the server.

If you only want primitive load balancing, you can use
IP multipathing. (It isn't true load balancing, though different
connections may incidentally use alternate interfaces).
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~doug/howtos (the only doc there at
the moment). Multipathing is designed primarily for low cost
interface level redundancy.

If you want true load balancing with nice performance, you want
the SunTrunking software (available from Sun)

	Doug