[SunHELP] Implementing software RAID 1 on enterprise 250

Robert Banniza RPBanniz at ascensionhealth.org
Thu Feb 28 13:07:48 CST 2002

I have created a script ( http://www.rootprompt.net/SOFTWARE/mirror.pl )
to help in the setup of DS. I also have a howto (
http://www.rootprompt.net/disksuite_mirror.html ) that should give
you an idea how to do this via command line.

Robert

Robert Banniza
Senior UNIX Administrator
Ascension Health
Phone: 812-228-2157

>>> wyatt at draggoo.com 02/28/02 12:26PM >>>
I've never used the metatool --- I prefer to do everything by editing
the /etc/lvm/md.tab
file by hand and then running metadb and metainit.  I think it's a lot
easier to really know
what's going into your metadevices this way.  I'd mddb lines to your
md.tab file, and then
run the metadb and see if that works.

Wyatt

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org