[SunHELP] odd system problems (ethernet not working and 'bus fault')

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:46:06 CST 2002

You should probably add the following as well:

set hme:hme_adv_100T4_cap=0
set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=1
set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0
set hme:hme_adv_10fdx_cap=0
set hme:hme_adv_10hdx_cap=0

If the system is currently up nd running just use ndd:

        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100T4_cap 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100fdx_cap 1
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100hdx_cap 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10fdx_cap 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10hdx_cap 0
        ndd -set /dev/hme adv_autoneg_cap 0

Also check out info doc 2605 on sunsolve.sun.com

>--- Nils9 <nils9 at apollo.lv> wrote:
> > I'm not guru with Ultra10 hardware and dont know specific things, but
>this
> > might be the case of autonegotiation. Try adding this line at the end of
> > /etc/system and reboot.
> >
> > set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=0
> >
> > -Nils
> > SWHTechnology.
>Yahoo! Greetings - Send FREE e-cards for every occasion!

Jarrett Carver           http://www.geocities.com/solarboyz1
solarboyz1 at hotmail.com   Unix/NT Systems Administrator
"When people sigh 'Life is hard', I am always tempted to
ask 'compared to what?'".
               - Sydney Harris