[SunHELP] Joining an W2K domain

jeff.pleau at webgain.com jeff.pleau at webgain.com
Tue Feb 26 14:08:31 CST 2002

Hi,

I have recently set up two Ultra 10's with Solaris 8 , and I am having
difficulty joining them to the domain here at work.  I am using the command
./smbpasswd -r PDC -j DOMAIN -U domainadmin%password, but without luck.

I am not getting any NT_STATUS errors, the only thing that is showing is the
message "Unable to join domain".  I have created the accounts for the Suns
on my DC.  I had no problems joining the domain with my two HP-UX servers,
they joined right away.  I am using the Samba build 2.2.2 from
sunfreeware.com, and I have edited the smb.conf file to all correct settings
for my network.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem, I am getting very frustrated as
this method worked fine with HP-UX two weeks ago.

Thanks
Jeff