[SunHELP] booting a Enterprise 3500

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Feb 26 13:32:19 CST 2002

> I just got a new/used Enterprise 3500.

   Nice. :7)

> On the front, there are 3 LEDs.  The left is green, the
> middle is slowly blinking yellow, the right is off.

   Read this:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/General/LEDs/Exx00_LEDs.html
   (I got the link from the Sun System Handbook link on the main Sunsolve
page.) It matches my recollection, which is that the 3500 will takes its
own, sweet time running POST, and it flashes the LEDs in the manner you
describe.
   Someone else posted a while back about a "new" 3000 which she thought was
dead, but which was just sloooow coming up); fire it up and sit back. (A
magazine may be of use here...)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt