[SunHELP] Upgrade advice - 2.5 > 2.7

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at Plexus.com
Sun Feb 24 00:06:37 CST 2002

All,

I have 4 workstations that run (among other duties) a PCB verification tool
called Valor.  Valor claims that their latest version will not run on
anything less than Solaris 2.7

Problem - two of the stations are Sparc Station 10s, running Solaris 2.5*

Since Sun neither supports the SS10 nor Solaris 2.5 (both end of lifed if I
read the fine print correctly) I'm a bit out on the limb for official
support.  Any guides, URLs, how-to, FAQ or other recourses for upgrading
obsolete, but needed, equipment?

Thx,

Brian

*yes, the equipment should have been replaced years ago.  I *had* a nice
quote from our vendor for a pair of workstations to replace these when
*wham* the company's finances imploded last year.  we're trying to "get by"
until things get better....