[SunHELP] Error while starting apache

Prashant Shah pshah at legato.com
Thu Feb 21 16:51:32 CST 2002

Hi All,

I have sol8 (sparc) and apache 1.3.23 installed with mod_so enabled.

I am trying to add plug in (libnd_APACHE_50.so, copied from netdynamics) to
apache,
I have followed all instructions given on netdynamics web site for this plug
in to add to the apapche, but i am getting following error while starting
apache.

# ../bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libnd_APACHE_50.so into server:
ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libnd_APACHE_50.so: symbol ap_make_table:
referenced symbol not found
../bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I have already followed suggetion given in the following url

http://lists.sunhelp.org/pipermail/sunhelp/2001-March/008809.html

but i don't think it is a LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem, because even after
setting that properly i get the same message, i tried several other
possibility of using SetEnv, PassEnv directives in httpd.conf , but no luck,
any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Prashant