[SunHELP] Re: Bind 8.2.3 from SUNFREEWARE

Will Yardley william+sun at hq.newdream.net
Thu Feb 21 04:39:20 CST 2002

Sangbutsarakum, Patai wrote:

> Now, I'm running bind 8.2.3 download from Sun Freeware.  I've try to
> use $GENERATE. but look likes it doesn't work.  in /var/adm/messages
> shows "..rejected due to errors (serial 2002022106)" but when I
> comment GENERATE out, no such complain.

perhaps include a copy of the zone file? the GENERATE directive should
work in 8.2.3 (although i'd suggest using 9.2.0 if possible).

> Anybody please suggest me, Is there possible to use $GENERATE in
> solaris package.?  Or I need to compile from scratch by myself.

i think it should work. stick up a copy of your (unmodified) zone file.
you might also want to doublecheck the bind documentation.

--
William Yardley
GnuPG public key: http://infinitejazz.net/will/pgp/gpg.asc