[SunHELP] Sparc5

Chris Barnes Chris_Barnes at rams.com.au
Wed Feb 20 15:29:38 CST 2002

That brings me to my second question.
I have only recently bought this sparc 5...it looks like it is very new
because it was still in the box still wrapped in plastic with all manuals
and stuff, and the invoice reads something about how it was shipped with
"SOL2.3" I don't know if that means its got solaris 2.3 on it but I seem to
be having a lot of trouble getting past the ok prompt. I thought it should
simply boot into solaris automatically, or if not I could simply type
boot[enter] and it will boot into solaris, but I am getting an error...i
cant quote it exactly right now because the machine is at home but basically
it looks like it checks /devices, then it checks /dev, then it says
something about nothing to boot, trying cdrom..there's no cdrom so then it
says its trying the network. Then it says "program terminated" and drops me
to an ok prompt.
I don't know if this means there isn't any os installed...i don't know too
much about SPARC machines...i've only really played around with Solaris for
intel.