[SunHELP] Sparc5

Chris Barnes Chris_Barnes at rams.com.au
Wed Feb 20 15:18:36 CST 2002

Do you know anything about the 2 sets of jumpers on the system board that
determine weather the serial ports are rs-232 or rs-432? I read in the
Sparc5 installation manual that if I'm using x.25 in Europe then I need to
change the those two jumpers which will change the serial ports from rs-432
to rs-232...
I only ask because I have actually tried using my laptop with the null modem
in ttya but I don't get anything in my terminal program. I know the null
modem works, I tested it between two other machines, then between my laptop
and another machine. So this makes me think that he serial ports on the
sparc 5 are set incorrectly.
Any ideas?