[SunHELP] Copying data from one server to another

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 15 12:44:58 CST 2002

Hello all,

I have a quick question that I'm sure someone can answer.

I have a large filesystem (~20 - 25 gig) that I need to copy to another
server. What is the best way to get the data from one server to another?
Normally, I would just tar the directory up and ftp it to the necessary
server, but unfortunately, I don't have the space to do that. I don't have
any tape drives available for this exercise either, so I can't dump it to a
tape and restore it.

I'm sort of new to Unix, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Matthew