[SunHELP] NetWorking problem-Please help...

tusher tushernet at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 12:18:36 CST 2002

Dear Sir:

I am Tusher from Bangladesh and interested to
implement small network. I am new to Linux, I am
having some trouble, I am here to get some suggestions
form you experienced. I planned to setup a LAN running
30 workstations on windows 98 Operating System and 1
Redhat Linux 7.2 server that will provide Internet
browsing service (internet source is cable modem
connected with a ISP, they dont use PPPoE Server) for
connected workstations. Here mentioned that although
30 workstations connected over Ethernet with Server, I
want to disable Internet browsing service if user
didnt logon to server using username and password
assigned to him/her. Users are permitted to use
Internet for 45 minutes per day, after exceeding this
time limitation he/she will reject from the server for
that day. I want to implement this by assign
permission but administrators will be able to use
Internet without any time limitation.

To implement the whole network using RHL Server:

 Which files I needed to configure?
 Any additional software required?

Your kind suggestion will be great help for me.

Thanks.

Tusher

Student.
NCC Education