[SunHELP] cd-rom for sparc 5

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 12:33:30 CST 2002

Hi

If you want to have it internal, then it will depend on the chassis type, if
it is the old chassis with a blueish blanking panel on the right hand side,
you will need the Toshiba XM4101B drive with Sun firmware enabled + mounting
wheels, if it is the later with the beige blanking panels, then any Sun
bootable drive will probably fit + you will need a different set of mounting
wheels. If you want a separate desktop unit then provided it is bootable
then any scsi drive will do. As to which drives are bootable the general
rule is, later drives tend to be bootable, earlier drives are limited to a
few manufacturers such as Toshiba (Suns main supplier), Plextor (any others
please let me know).

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd