[SunHELP] SparcStation 5

Chris Barnes Chris_Barnes at rams.com.au
Mon Feb 18 07:27:33 CST 2002

Hi people,
            I'm new to the list. I recently scored my self a SparcStation 5
for a really good price. Only problem is that it doesn't have a floppy or
cd-rom and doesn't have Solaris installed on it.
I've been looking into ways to install Solaris onto it by a net install but
that seems like it might be a bit hard because by the sounds of the
instructions I need another Solaris machine to be the server for the
SparcStation to leech from...I was hoping I could just setup a web server on
my Linux machine or something and point the SparcStation to that...Does
anyone have any ideas, or know any easier ways to install Solaris on this
diskless machine.
I have Solaris 8 for Sparc, but I'm not 100% sure it will work in the
SparcStation 5 because the minimum memory requirements for Solaris 8 is
64meg but my SparcStation only has 32. will Solaris still install? I wasn't
planning on running a window system, just text console. Does anyone know
which version of Solaris will install on my SparcStation 5?

Thanks for your help

P.S. sorry about the footer...stupid company policy...

--

Searching for "A Better Way" to a home loan ?. Call RAMS on 13 7267, or go to http://www.rams.com.au

The e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information.  If you receive it in error you must not use or disclose the information. You must tell us and delete it. We do not waive any legal privilege by sending it. RAMS does not promise that the email is free from virus defect or error.