[SunHELP] Gigabit Ethernet?

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 13 17:16:34 CST 2002

There is only one card, so you only need one mac address. Virtual addresses
HAVE to have the mac address of the card they are related to.

The reason you need seperate mac addresses is if you use two physical cards
on the same switch, the switch would otherwise be unable to work out which
physical card to send the traffic.

-Colin Humphreys