[SunHELP] offtopic ( oracle and "pipe")

Tige D. Chastain tigechastain at home.com
Mon Feb 11 12:12:13 CST 2002

Why not use the parfile directive to store the username/password? You
can always set the read permission to 600 on the parfile so only you can
read it.

exp parfile={parfile}|compress < ${PIPEFILE}

Also, unless you want to keep the origional dmp file uncompressed, you
don't need to put the output of compress to a new file.

Tige