[SunHELP] bad pbr sig..more detail

ashish k ashishb63 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 04:12:45 CST 2002

hi,

i have 2 o.s win2k server edition and solaris8 ..when i boot eh sys i get
the mesg..."bad pbr sig" after which it asks me to insert cd to boot...when
i insert sol8 cd it boots into solaris..no trouble henceafter..but everytime
i boot i have to insert cd and it boots into sol and not win..without giving
me any option..
im running intel processor
128 mb ram
10gb win2k----
10gb sol8 ---- Dual boot
when i triied openin the bootblk and pboot files..it gives me some error..so
i guess the boot record is corrupt..is tehre a way to replace or fix it..as
i reinstalled sol twice already and is of no help!

Thanks in advance

ash