[SunHELP] Shutting down ports...

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at orctel.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 12:09:06 CST 2002

Have a look at...

http://jamus.xpert.com/~roman/doc/hardening_solaris7.html

... there's info there on which symlinks need removing from the runlevels to
RPC and other services. To close the X11 port I think you'll need to stop X
from running, IIRC using some variation of the dtconfig command. Or, as
recommended in that how-to, just remove the link to...

rm /etc/rc2.d/S99dtlogin

... or the Solaris  equivalent.