[SunHELP] Sparc 20 sees new hard drive but won't boot from it

-Mark- n2jtw at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 09:48:51 CST 2002

You need to resolve the issue at the OK prompt.
probe-scsi needs to report the drive properly for the
system to boot.  Or you need to change the default
path.

With the original drive in alone, probe-scsi will
probably report that it is SCSI ID 3.  This is the
default boot scsi ID.  Your replacement drive should
report the same ID when it is in place of yor orginal
drive. The second drive should be ID "0", if I
remember correctly.
Get this to work and it should boot. The rest sound
like you did it correctly.

Mark