[SunHELP] Sparc 20 sees new hard drive but won't boot fromit

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 02:09:53 CST 2002

Hi Dave

I have come across situations where

1) The drive had some of the SCSI jumpers on and these are OR'd with the
jumpering on the SCA. This can cause confusion on the bus, so remove any
SCSI ID jumpering on the drive itself.

2) On some drives it requires that the 'narrow' jumper be set (if it has
one). I have seen this problem on Fujitsu drives I think.

3) Make sure there is no termination enabled (on SCA there is usually no
option for this, but you may have one that is...)

>From what you are saying you have never been able to see the drive from the
OBP and this is the problem to solve before worrying about the Solaris
issues.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd