[SunHELP] Alternate window manager Xsession.ow/wm confusion

Michael Hansen mhansen at Landmarkcollege.org
Sat Feb 2 01:43:42 CST 2002

I am trying to set up wm2 while keeping CDE/dtwm
around. I managed to add it to the graphical login
screen, and it will load if I execute it from
/usr/dt/config/Xsession.wm. What I want to know
is, is there a "right way" to get it to look at
.profile? Since my PATH environment variable is
obviously not modified by the changes I made to
.profile, I can only assume that I need to add
something to the Xsession.wm file to make this
happen. All the changes to .profile work in
CDE/dtwm and olwm. I tried to reverse engineer
the Xsession.ow file, but I'm having a hard time
figuring out what all it does.

TIA,
-Mike