[SunHELP] Re: mailing list

Will Yardley william+sun at hq.newdream.net
Fri Feb 1 01:07:59 CST 2002

Mahadi Yusof wrote:

> I've created several mailing lists in my server. How can I block
> certain email address from sending emails to the mailing list?

you might want to mention _how_ you created them.

if you're just putting aliases in your MTA's alias file, you can't
really do this.  at the least, you'd need to pipe mail to the list to
procmail or a perl script, but really you should use some sort of
mailing list manager (mlm).

i've used mailman a fair amount, but there is also majordomo, minordomo,
etc.

if you provide more details on how you setup the lists in the first
place you're more likely to get some help.

mailman has a web interface that lets you specify a number of privacy
options, including specifying people explicitly allowed (or not allowed)
to post.