[SunHELP] Can't LOGIN at all to Sun Netra t1 from anywhere even as ROOT- FTP works

rmolugurk at yahoo.com rmolugurk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 19 20:23:00 CST 2002

 Hi,

   I have a stelrange problem on Netra T1 105.
Recently, this machine running Solaris 7 stopped
allowing login access with TELNET, RSH, RLOGIN and
even on the console itself when connected on PC
Hyperterminal through serial port.

So, when I power it off and on, I can see all booting
and it gives

xxx console login :

when I enter "root" and provide password, it says
invalid username, password.

However when I try FTP to this machine from another
machine, root login and other user logins work with
same passwords.

I would greatly appreciate any help ASAP.

Please suggest how I can get over this problem - I
have another Netra T1 machine - which boots up proper
with same PC hyper terminal through serial port.

Thanks
http://mailplus.yahoo.com