[SunHELP] Changing speed of the NIC card

Mahantesh mantu_v at softhome.net
Thu Aug 8 07:59:51 CDT 2002

Hi,
after I reinstalled my SS5, it is taking too much time to transfer
files. Although my Network is 100MBPS lan, for 10 MB file it is taking 4
hours. I suspect it is not correctly sensing the network speed.
How to change the speed with which NICs transfer files.(i.e how to set
it to 100MBPS)
ifconfig -a shows :
# ifconfig -a
lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index
2
        inet 192.xx.xx.xx netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.xx.xx.255
        ether <MAC ID>
#

Also read speed from other NFS mounted partitions is also veRy slow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Mahantesh.