[SunHELP] e4500 cables

David Baldwin dbaldwin at networkinsight.com
Fri Aug 2 10:41:51 CDT 2002

Sorry for the simple question,

I was charged with setting up 2 e4500 servers.  I was given a box of
cables.  Everything went well but I have two extra cables.  Two very
thick long black cables with connectors that look similar to a SCSI
connector but wider.  There was a spot for them on the I/O boards on
each server.  I wasn't sure if these should cross over form one server
to the next or not.  I tried to find reference to what they might be on
sunsolve with no luck.

Can some one educate me on what these might be?  I haven't had the
opportunity to work with bigger servers like these yet so I only know
the concepts and not the real deal.

Humbly,

Dave B.