[SunHELP] Setting up a PC as as a terminal

Fri Aug 2 08:20:16 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I need to setup of PC to run as a terminal so I can access a server that has
no keyboard or monitor. I've followed all the instructions about setting up
the "terminal" as 9600, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, but haven't had any
luck connecting to the device. I'm thinking that I may have a problem with
the cabling I'm using and I've read different docs about using RJ45, or a
"cross connect" cable, or even a null modem cable. If someone has any
experience with this type of problem, I'd be much in debt if you could lend
some advice or assistance.

Thanks.

Matthew Simoncini
Unix Administrator