[SunHELP] QFE card help - Compat issue..

Joe Pampel joe at ardsley.com
Mon Apr 22 09:37:04 CDT 2002

ps - I should mention that I went this route after first checking out
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/U5/components.html and the card
listed there looks like the one I have.. I didn't notice the extra bit of
adapter on the card (mfr part# 501-5406) at the time.
I guess if I really want to be a geek I should memorize my buss adapters. ;-)
I have not tried to power up with the card, as i have  no desire to toast it.
Is it supposed to overhang the PCI slot??

THX!

>>> "Joe Pampel" <joe at ardsley.com> 04/22/02 10:28AM >>>
Hi

I use Sun Ultra5's as gateways and I wanted to upgrade to a qfe card to get
more NICs in there. The clustering software
I use also specifies that qfe nics are necessary, soooo
I bought PCI qfe cards but the PCI buss connector on the card is too long,
and
has an extra key in it.. is there another
Sun PCI bus or did I buy the wrong cards? Or last, are these cards not
supported in the Ultra5?
This does not look good..

PS -  Thanks to everyone who helped with my DLT install on the E3500. It's in
and happy. Probe-scsi-all crashed the box
3 times, so I pulled it apart and looked at the jumpers on the other dev.
Then
life was good. :-)

- Joe
SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org