[SunHELP] Veritas Query

ES Srinivas sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 3 02:09:40 CDT 2001

Hi All
   We have a Sun E-450 machine on which we have installed Veritas Vol Mgr=
 3.1,with evaluation key(evaluation copy) as license.We have encapsulated=
 the root disk.The license has expired and I had to restart the machine a=
fter which  the system does'nt load giving the following error:
 VxVM starting special volumes(swapvol var)
 VxVM:VxVol:ERROR:changing plex var-01:can't open /dev/vx/dsk/var =

 License has expired or is not available for operation

 VxVm:ERROR:changing plex swapvol-01:No such devices or address
 /var-/dev/vx/rdsk/var is being checked:can't open /dev/vx/rdsk/var

  Can someone please give me a solution to this,is upgrading the license =
the only option?How do i upgrade it once I receive a license,will the sys=
tem function normally after this?
Thanks in Advance
Srinivas

 =