[SunHELP] Where does OS get the hostid ona Intel machine?

Edward Chase sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 10:20:09 CDT 2001

The hostname is part of the OS configuration.  If you dual boot the machine
one OS could refer to the machine as one name, the other OS could refer to
the machine as another name.

DHCP and DNS will present it's own issues if you want to use different names.

  Edward F. Chase III     |   echase at providence.edu
  Providence College      |   http://www.providence.edu
  Computer Services       |   http://studentweb.providence.edu
  Providence, RI  02918   |